The showcase will begin at 11:30 a.m. and will feature a total of 13 games between members of the two high school hockey conferences. Games will be played on all three of Kennedy’s rinks, with the last matchup scheduled to start at 7:50 p.m.
Last January marked the first year for the event, which was held in Oakland County at Onyx Ice Arena in Rochester. That day, Metro League teams went 7-5-1 against the OAA.
This year’s showcase will get started with a game between Bloomfield Hills and Wyandotte Roosevelt at 11:30 a.m. on the main rink at Kennedy.
Some key matchups include Grosse Pointe Woods Liggett vs. Troy, Woodhaven vs. Rochester Stoney Creek, Birmingham Unified vs. Detroit Country Day and Grosse Ile vs. Clarkston, the latter of which will close out the night.
Kennedy Recreation Center is located at 3101 West Road in Trenton. Admission to the showcase is $5 per person and allows for entry to every game.
Below is the entire schedule:
1. Bloomfield Hills vs. Wyandotte Roosevelt - 11:30 a.m. - Main
2. Royal Oak vs. Ann Arbor Pioneer – 11:50 a.m. – Teifer
3. Berkley vs. Riverview Gabriel Richard – 1:30 p.m. – Main
4. Rochester Stoney Creek vs. Woodhaven – 1:50 p.m. – Teifer
5. Birmingham Unified vs. Detroit Country Day – 3:30 p.m. – Main
6. Oxford/Avondale vs. Gibraltar Carson – 3:40 p.m. – Practice
7. Farmington vs. Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard – 3:50 p.m. - Teifer
8. Rochester United vs. Allen Park – 5:30 p.m. - Main
9. West Bloomfield vs. Dearborn Unified – 5:40 p.m. – Practice
10. Troy vs. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett – 5:50 p.m. - Teifer
11. Lake Orion vs. Dearborn Divine Child – 7:30 p.m. – Main
12. Farmington Hills vs. Riverview – 7:40 p.m. – Practice
13. Clarkston vs. Grosse Ile – 7:50 p.m. - Teifer